Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why McDonald's french fries make me cry

Oftentimes Anna did not have much of an appetite.  It is difficult to watch your child eat so little day after day, and you become desperate for them to eat SOMETHING!  Even if it is a McDonald's happy meal.  Anna didn't always eat it all, but at least she showed an interest in chicken nuggets and french fries.  With frequent trips to doctor's appointments and the six hours in the car that went with them, McDonald's drive throughs came in pretty handy.

Anna liked McDonald's french fries.  But she was a little particular - she didn't like the "crunchy" ones.  She would pass the crunchy ones to me.  I would try to convince her to just leave them and we'd take care of them later, but she wanted them out of her sight.   I would try to plan ahead, and give her nuggets in one half of the little paperboard container they came in, and then I would put some non-crunchy-looking fries in the other half.  It was easier to drive when I wasn't frequently reaching back to save Anna from the crunchy french fries. 

She became even more particular, though, about those french fries.  Even the slightly crispy-looking pointed ends of some otherwise perfectly non-crunchy -looking french fries bothered her.  And so time had to be devoted to breaking off the slightly crunchy looking ends so that she was left with a french fry with no hint of crunchy-ness. 

So, tell me, now, how am I supposed to eat McDonald's french fries without my tears turning them into a soggy mess?

No comments:

Post a Comment